1. I got a new student from Syria yesterday. He speaks exactly no English. I have since learned that not only am I completely incompetent when it comes to Level 1 ELLs, but that I was able to neither spell Syria (kept spelling it Syrria) nor locate it on a map (thank you google...). This could be a bumpy ride...Who had tips for me??? Please. I'm dying.
2. After going to my parents' house last night for dinner and to watch Grey's Anatomy with my mom, I realized after I was home, in my jammies, and with my contacts out that I'd left my phone charging on their kitchen counter. Of course it was also raining out on top of being after 10pm. Hence me leaving my house after 10 like this...
Which would have been fine had I not run into a family on the stairs on my way back in...I'm pretty sure they were all just jealous of my unique and forward thinking fashion sense.
3. Current obsession = pumpkin pie oatmeal. I KNOW. Best. breakfast. ever.
In the mix:
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup vanilla soy milk (or regular milk)
1/4 cup oats
Cook on stove. Stir in 1/2 cup purred pumpkin, a generous shake of pumpkin pie spice, and a scoop of brown sugar. Top with sliced almonds. Devour in about 2 minutes flat. You're welcome.
4. I went to a math workshop Wednesday where I ended up doing math all. day. long. I kind of hate math. Only if kind of hate actually means loathe. It was like being trapped in my own personal math curse.
|Just two of my 10 pages of furious notes... And by notes I mean MATH WORK...|
Miss "teacher" could be at the movie. She could be at a lot of nice areas because she need it. She work her butt off in the class room. She is the best in the whole world. I bet she could win a gold medal if there was a thing you try out for being the best teacher in the whole world.
I'm just glad SOMEONE around here notices I work my butt off!!!
One day Miss "teacher" was not at school and I think she went shark swimming and got attacked but got saved by a handsome man and she is marrying him so when she comes to school tomorrow she will be a Mrs. "teacher" now and she will become with a happier life and also she won't be alone in her apartment.
Well...I'm glad this little girl is concerned about my chronic single-ness and the fact that I live alone. Also, I love my bright red hair, pink dress, and rail thin torso (see bikini shark swimming picture). I'd say that's all a fairly accurate depiction...
5. Even though I am swamped in work for both school and grad school, fighting off some weird illness (that may actually be just extreme exhaustion)...I am looking forward to the weekend. I'm going to a Halloween party tomorrow night--are you shocked that I am doing something social for a change instead of watching marathons on netflix instant and writing grad school papers? Me too. Anyways, Halloween isn't my favorite holiday adn I am never really "inspired" when it comes to a costume. Here's a hint for this year's lame costume:
What are your weekend plans?