Has this week been about 100 years for anyone else? Teachers? I swear, it feels like it started at least a month ago. Not a single day this week have I not caught myself thinking that it was the next day or even two days later, starting with Monday. AWFUL. My kiddos have [thankfully] been holding our routines together and not acting naughty, but this week it seemed like most of them have turned their brains from high power down to medium-low. #howwillimakeitthroughanotherweek...
Anyways, enough grumbling. It is Friday after all, so that's something to celebrate! Some of the things I'm loving right now...
1. My tiny, lame Christmas tree. Yes, it has one single ornament and is super pathetic, but when Christmas Break feels like it will never come, my tree reminds me that although we have still ANOTHER week of school, it is in fact around the corner.
2. The new pack of Mr. Sketch markers I got yesterday. Seriously, is there anything better than Mr. Sketch markers? I'm an anchor chart junkie and pretty much live with marker all over my hands at all times. I've already used up about half the markers from the pack I bought in August, and I've been getting frustrated that most of my favorite colors have run out. NOT OKAY. Was so excited to break into the new box today!
3. The fact that almost ALL of my Christmas shopping is done, and the fact that I did it all while laying in my pajamas in bed last weekend. A few more orders to place this weekend, then just waiting for it all to arrive! (Oh, and wrapping...not my favorite job...)
4. The fun plans I'm looking forward to this weekend. After a totally restful yet somewhat boring weekend last week, this weekend is chock full of plans. Dinner and a movie (Breaking Dawn for the second time...go ahead and judge me, I'm already judging myself...) tonight, spending the day with my cousin tomorrow and catching up with a college friend at night, and finishing up with cookie baking with Mom on Sunday. Perfect.
5. Stations of Christmas music on Pandora...especially while getting ready for school in the morning!
7. The electricity experiments we did in science this week. I feel like my kids have so little time to EXPLORE in my super structured days. This week we ditched the science text books, and I checked my control freak self at the door. Instead of a structured lab or demo, I let the kids explore with wires and batteries and bulbs. The joy they felt for learning this week was beautiful.
What are you loving this Friday?