July 28, 2009

More on the 32 Third Graders?!

Imagine how excited I was today when I sat down at my computer and saw that I had a message on goodreads.com (a wonderful site for the reading-obsessed) from Phillip Done, author of 32 Third Graders and One Class Bunny (see my book review from a few weeks ago). As if it wasn't exciting enough to hear from the author and receive a thank you for the 5-star rating I gave 32 Third Graders on goodreads (rightfully deserved!), Done informed me that he has a new book coming out early this September! It's called Close Enconters of the Third-Grade Kind: Thoughts on Teacherhood. I cannot wait to read this, and you can bet I will be ordering it from amazon the day it is released. Check it out in September! And thanks, Phillip Done, for letting me know! ;-)

PS- On a different note, if I get this excited that an author messaged me, perhaps I should have my students write to authors this year... *files idea away in mind amidst a million and a half other "brilliant teaching ideas" and hopes we have time to actually do it*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...