January 6, 2010

Book Review: Flipped



I bought FLIPPED by Wendelin Van Draanen with the intention of putting it in my classroom library, but then became concerned that a book centered entirely around a relationship might be a little too old for some of my kiddos. So, I decided to preview Flipped.

At the risk of sounding silly, with in the first chapter I flipped for this book! I literally could not put it down. Van Draanen takes a story of adolescent relationship drama and combinines realistic dialogue, believable characters, and a fantastic he said/she said writing style to make a fantastic youth novel. The only reason I didn't give this novel 5 stars is that the ending was a bit abrupt. And by a bit, I mean very abrupt. What can I say, I had become very attached to Bryce and Juli and was not ready to let them go without a little more resolution!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...