1. DON'T open that bag of school work, at least until the last hours of break.
2. DO let yourself get caught up in a pretty great book. Feel free to ignore anything and anyone that has the audacity to try to interrupt your reading.
|LOVED this book! (source)|
3. DON'T think about the calories.
4. DO take on a craft project...
(Finally attempting to fill some of the white walls in my apartment!)
5. DON'T be afraid to skip a workout or two in favor of things like shopping, family time, or just laying around on the couch watching Mad Men..
6. DO still make time for running, even in cold, winds, or on Christmas morning.
7. DON'T feel obligated to change out of your pajamas at a reasonable hour. (Let's be real, I was in mine until 2 today...)
8. DO surprise yourself. Like I did today by running what I'd planed to be an easy 3 miles in under 30 minutes, a personal record for me!
9. DON'T take down your Christmas tree too early.
(Even if it's miniature and undecorated like mine!)
10. DO watch plenty of Christmas movies, preferably childhood favorites.
Can't beat original Disney Christmas cartoons...
11. DO indulge.
12. DO spend every waking minute that you aren't on the couch watching Mad Men with friends and family.
Yes, our scarves are all tied the same way...we may have just looked at a Pin to learn a new way of tying them...I know, we are the coolest...
What are your Dos and Don'ts for Winter Break? (Or just for the holiday season if you don't get a winter break!)