June 9, 2012

Twas the Night Before the Triathlon...

And I'm turning from my usually compulsively organized self into a completely comically over-the-top version of my compulsively organized self.  I get like this before every race, but I've been an extra special version of my Type A self lately because there is just so much gear you need for a tri!!!  I have made packing list after packing list, have divided transition gear into ziplock bags to keep it together for now, and meticulously gone through my bag to make sure I'm not forgetting anything...

My biggest worry is the heat.  It's currently 90 degrees out and tomorrow will be even HOTTER.  My wave of 23-25 year olds doesn't start until 8:40!  That means by the time I get to the run leg it's going to be scary hot.  YIKES!  I'm gulping down glass after glass of my trusty water + fruit punch G2 cocktail...

Oh well, if anything I will be super slow on the run especially and will have to do this race again next year and CRUSH my time. :)  Tomorrow is just about FINISHING!  My second biggest concern is that my neck has been killing me on my bike.  My dad and I have been tweaking my seat height to get it the right height for my legs, but now my neck is in serious pain so obviously something is wrong (with the height, or my posture, or both...Note to self: take a trip to the bike shop after this race to have the bike refitted!).  We lowered the seat a tiny bit yesterday, and I'm hoping that helps.  Even if it does, though, my neck is already sore so I think it would be hurting regardless!  I've got the tylenol and icy hot packed...

And now I'm off to take a nap, then it's pasta, a quick appearance at a bachelorette party this evening, and checking over my gear ONE LAST TIME before crashing at my parents' tonight so my wonderful dad can drive me to the race in the morning.  Thanks, Dad!  One last FEARLESS thought to leave you with...

He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
Muhammad Ali

The miracle is not that I finished.  The miracle is that I had the courage to start.
John Bingham

 BRING IT ON!!!

3 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK!!!! cheering for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl! I'll be thinking of you and sending my best! Looking forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck I can't WAIT to read about it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...