June 15, 2012

Why I Love Summer

Oh hi there.  I hope you're enjoying a lazy summer day week like I have been.  (My sincere apologies to those of you who have to...WORK...and stuff...)  I seriously cannot remember the last time I was this freaking lazy.  I decided that after a crazy week last week with the end of school, packing my classroom, and oh yeah, getting ready for and DOING a triathlon (was that really only last week?  It seems like years ago...), this week would be a complete week of lazy.   You know what I'm talking about.  The sleep in and then refuse to get out of bed for hours, blog stalking and pinning and reading teen books type of week.  The get myself out of bed only to go down and continue laying around, this time by the pool (and trying hopelessly to even out my sports bra tan).  The drinking wine on my balcony and reading in the evening type of week.  The having no commitments but a mid-morning yoga class type of week.   BLISS.
I have to admit though that by today I am getting a TEENY bit antsy.  I better find myself a project soon before I start to NOT enjoy this wonderful summer freedom anymore!

What are your favorite lazy-days-of-summer activities?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amy:
    That is exactly the kind of day I had today...
    but mine included ice cream!
    We finished Wednesday, but I had things to do all day yesterday.
    So today was an Official Lazy Day!
    Loving it!

    Congrats on your triathlon--
    You are always an inspiration to me!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a perfect evening!!! glad to hear your enjoying your summer :)

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think every teacher needs a week like that after the school year! Sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're three weeks from summer break here. I'm looking forward to...reading. Writing letters. Researching. Napping. Cooking. Sleeping in.

    Love that lazy first week of summer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...