March 13, 2014

Three Things Thursday

ONE
So I made a huge discovery last night--I have been making smoothies wrong my WHOLE LIFE.  Seriously folks, gather round.  This is huge.  So every time I make a smoothie, it always drives me crazy that I have to stop the blender several times and stir the ingredients up.  But then this week, I read somewhere (and I literally have no clue where) that you should put your liquid in the bottom of the blender, then your greens, and finally chunks of fruit and ice on top.  I have always done exactly the opposite--layer the fruit and greens, then pour almond milk over it all.  I tried the liquid first method and oh em gee, it was perfect!  
 So tell me--am I the only one who didn't know that this was the correct way to make smoothies?  Am I smoothie-inept?  Is this common sense to anyone else?  It honestly never occured to me--I've been blaming my blender for years!

TWO
Today was our LAST DAY of ISAT testing!!  Woohoo!!  More than anything, I am relieved to be back to our normal schedule--for everyone's sake!!!  My pre-testing "pep talks" have gotten shorter every day, and yesterday morning I had to swap my heels for a pair of crocs midway through our test.  I am so over testing!!

THREE
My grade level team has been saying this year that we needed a "team building" activity to socialize together outside of school.  Back in December, we bought Groupons for one of those step-by-step painting classes.  None of us are artists, but there was the promise of conversation and wine.  We ended up having a great time!






(That wine has been refilled by this point...)

The finished product!  I'm not going to be changing careers anytime soon, let's just say!


Tell me about your week!

7 comments:

  1. What a fun idea to do with your colleagues. I tried to get my team (who are all great) to do a race with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried to talk my team into running a race together,too! I don't see it happening any time soon tho, sadly!

      Delete
  2. I have the same issue with smoothies! Thanks for sharing the right way to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious what greens you add to your smoothies? My sister and I have fruit & greek yogurt smoothies, but I'm interested in adding greens because my guess is they wouldn't mess with the flavor too much ... what do you suggest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss C! I toss a handful of spinach into my smoothies. My usual mix is almond milk, spinach, frozen blueberries, and a banana. If it's a meal, I throw in some peanut butter and raw oatmeal. Enjoy!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. thanks Amy, I will have to give that a try! :)

      p.s. As a new follower of your blog, I'm glad you're back after your short hiatus! I was checking back every day hoping to see a new post. This week has been fun to get a new post every day!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...