March 1, 2011

1 down, 5 to go...

^Why is that not more comforting?

What am I referring to?  Duh, ISATs (state standardized tests)!!!  For the past few months, my life has been pretty much ruled by two things: half-marathon training and preparing for these damn tests.  Now that the end is in sight (for both!), what will I do with all my new free time?!?  Who knows...maybe I'll even go crazy and plan/teach some sort of creative, hands-on, interactive unit!  *gasp*  Quality teaching?!  I've forgotten what it feels like...

I keep telling my students that I hate ISATs more than they do.  I don't think they believe me, but I promise you it's true.  Not only do they make me incredibly anxious, but proctoring is boring (although the quiet is a welcome change at times!!).  Plus, the rest of the day always sucks.  The kids are waaay squirrelly than normal, and teaching anything is a struggle.  I hate, though, to waste an entire week just because we are testing for an hour a day...

Highlights from yesterday's testing:  several of my kids BARELY finishing (we're talking by the skin of their teeth)...at one point, I went up to two and said, "Okay, now it's time to just fill in the bubbles.  With anything. GO!"  *shakes head*

Oh testing...won't you please just go away?

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. I remember the "filling in the bubbles with anything" part of those tests.

    The end is in sight! Your kiddos can do it, and so can you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...