Happy New Year!
2011 Resolutions ReviewSchool Goals
- Research grad school programs and select a Reading Specialist Masters program that works for me, both financially and logistically; DONE! I applied for and was accepted into a reading masters cohort this fall. It starts in February. Although I have NO idea how I'm going to fit another thing into my busy schedule, I'm going to at least START and see how it goes...
- Make time for Read Aloud in my classroom at least 4 days a week, if only for 5 minutes; DONE! This year I built 10 minutes into my schedule every day to read aloud to the kiddos. Hands down, it is my favorite part of the day.
- Spend no more than 1 night per week at school until 6 (at the latest!); DONE! I stay until 6 Tuesdays, but I made commitments for myself Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday (tutoring, yoga, tutoring) to get myself outta there! Of course, once grad school starts I won't even be able to stay late on Tuesdays...oh gosh...
- Use a formative assessment strategy like Exit Slips at least once a week; In Progress...My team and I are TRYING to do a weekly exit slip in literacy, but I'd really like to use them more frequently in math and science too...
- Continue following and complete Hal Higdon's 1/2 Marathon Novice training plan, and subsequently complete the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon; DONE!
- Set aside at least 1/2 an hour every single day just for myself, and use this time for reading, exercise, or just relaxing with some music; DONE! I typically spend at least 1/2 hour a day reading or working out. So important!
- Develop a budget, and stick to it! NOT EVEN CLOSE! This is definitely a goal for 2012...
- Find & move into an apartment that I love and can reasonably afford; DONE! Love my little apartment!
- Cook a healthy meal for myself at least once a week (and by cook I mean actually prepare, not just assemble on a plate. And no, oatmeal doesn't count... :-/ ) NOT EVEN CLOSE! Another goal for 2012...
- Take my vitamins every day :) Mostly Done! I was doing really good for awhile, but fell off the wagon recently...oops!
- Figure out a schedule to help maintain balance in my life and keep up with my training schedule even after I've started my masters program...this may involve a 4am run Tuesday mornings... :-/
- Religiously foam roll my IT bands and don't get any new injuries... (Fingers Crossed!!)
- Set a half-marathon PR
- Run a sub-30 minute 5K. (This is a lofty goal!!! I think I can do it though!)
- Try a sprint tri this summer!
- Try out being vegan again for another 30 days.
- Spend time on weekends from time to time preparing meals for the week.
- Create a budget...help please, Dad!!!
- Finish decorating my apartment! (almost there!)
- Use exit slips in math and literacy once a week (each).
- Keep a "just for fun" book in progress at all times to help me keep my sanity.
What are your resolutions for 2012?
New Years Resolutions--love 'em or hate 'em?