February 1, 2011

And all seems right with the world...

Remember my February Stresses, about which I wrote a grumbley "letter" directed towards Mr. Principal on here, largely to prevent myself from accidentally blurting all of these out to his face?

Well, perhaps they have met their temporary cure...SNOW DAY.

Hallelujah.

While part of me wants to spend the day in bed relaxing, I know that the best idea would be to use the day to get on top of my work, calm myself down by actually checking a few things off my to-do list, and make sure I feel ready for conferences + the coming few weeks.  That way I can really relax this weekend.

On the agenda for tomorrow:

  • Sleep in relatively late (this morning I woke up wide awake and STARVING at 3:45.  And actually stayed up.  I'm not looking to make this a habit...)
  • Catch up on grading
  • Outline my next science unit; plan preliminary lessons
  • Plan some ISAT prep lessons for the next few weeks
  • Type up notes for conferences (I typically make a 2-column list with a few strengths and challenges for each kid, and review periodically throughout the night.  Obviously I already know all of these things, but when you are seeing family after family for 7+ hours in a row, it helps to have a little cheat sheet sometimes!)
  • Run (My Tuesday run did not happen today!  I decided I should probably trek home after school instead of risk getting snowed in at the gym!  I definitely made the right choice--my 8 mile local drive took almost an HOUR!  And at one point my little prius almost blew off the road!  I love my car, but let's be real.  It's not built for snowmagedon...)
And with that, I'm off to curl up on the couch in front of the fire and watch some food network.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOOOOOOVE snow days :). I like your to-do list - sounds like a good mix of getting stuff done and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...