February 20, 2011

Stylish, who me?

Thanks, Mrs. Sunny at The Caffeinated Teacher, for giving me this award!  Make sure you go check out her blog if you haven't already!

The Rules
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 5 great recently discovered bloggers
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about the award

7 Facts about me:
  1. I am a second-year fifth grade teacher.  When I graduated college, I was unbelieveably excited to get into the classroom and make a difference.  I never imagined how hard the first year would be!  In fact, I almost quit part way through last year because of how hard everything was and how incompetent I felt. 
  2. I am SO GLAD I pulled it together because this year is one bajillion times better, mostly BECAUSE of all that I learned during my baptism by fire.  I fell in love with teaching again this year.  It's a wonderful feeling. :)
  3. I am one of those elementary school teachers who has NO desire to teach primary grades.  I feel like most young teachers love the little ones and would hate teaching 5th grade, but I am exactly the opposite.  The little ones are adorable, but I just love the way you can actually have conversations with the big kids.  They understand my sense of humor, first of all, which is a plus. :)  Seriously though, I would freak out if I were moved to first grade!
  4. I loooove reading, but I rarely venture out of children's and young adult lit these days!  I like to pretend that this is because I'm a teacher and am reading these genre to help relate to my students, but the truth is I'd probably read kidlit even if I wasn't a teacher!  When I actually do open an adult book, my first thought is usually, "The print is so TINY!"
  5. I can't cook.  Seriously.  This is partly because I actually am a terrible cook (once recently I managed to ruin rice in a rice cooker.  Those things are supposed to be idiot-proof), but mostly because when I get home from work, the last thing I want to do is cook.  I do make a fabulous bowl of loaded oatmeal though, if I do say so myself...does that count as cooking?
  6. It doesn't take long for me to get completely hooked on something (ahem...Twilight, Secret Life of the American Teenager, The Hunger Games...the list goes on...), especially books and TV shows!  Once I do get sucked in, I temporarily can't focus on ANYTHING else!
  7. I'm a terrible runner...slow, bad form, etc.  I run anyway. :)  After months of injury-filled training, I am running my first half-marathon in Disney World in exactly ONE week!  Yikes, where did the time go?
Be sure to stop by these fabulously stylish blogs I've been loving reading lately!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the award! If it makes you feel any better, I just bought a rice cooker last week and I still end up crunchy rice every single time I've used it! Good luck on your half next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the award! I also get hooked on things easily - including Twilight and Secret Life. I'm actually watching season 5 of Secret life right now... it's so addicting!

    Good luck on your half next week, you will do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that I found your blog through Sarah. I am a teacher taking a break for a few years to be with my kids. I taught 5th grade for 4 years and really loved it! And I loved Twilight and The Hunger Games books too ...they were fun change of pace books. Hope to read more of your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...