January 10, 2011

1/2 Marathon Training: 6 weeks down!

It's hard to believe I have already completed six weeks of training for my half-marathon.  Thankfully my tibia's feeling okay again, but I'm starting to feel the challenge of reaching mileages I've never hit before.  I've never been a distance runner, and always kind of maxed out somewhere between 3 and 4 miles.  Sunday's long run was 6 miles, and the second half was pretty tough.  It's crazy that I will be running more than double that distance!  I'm trying to stay optimistic though instead of reverting back to my habitual thought patterns of "there's no way i can't do that i'll never get there" etc.  Trusting the process, right? :)  Yikes!!

On the other hand, the fact that the weeks are ticking by means my trip to FLORIDA is that much closer!!! So excited.

On the OTHER other hand, that means that state tests are that much closer...yuck.  We actually start the first test the day after my race. Yes, I am flying home from Florida that very night.  Should be an interesting Monday back in school...oh well.  It will all work out great.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...