January 19, 2011

Test Stress and Straight Answers

I'm a little...stressed.  Wednesdays are staff development after school, and always end up a big headache.  Today we had an hour of PLC time, and you'd think that team planning would RELEIVE sterss.  But what inevitably happens, especially lately, is that we get unbelieveably overwhelmed by all that we have to do and the little time in which there is to do it.  Lately it's ISATs (state tests) that are stressing us out big time.  Ironically the start the day after my half-marathon, so I've been telling the students that we are ALL working really hard over the next 5 1/2 weeks to get ready for a big challenge.  

I swore I'd never be a teacher who is consumed by these darn tests.  But there is a lot of pressure.  And I'm an anxious person.  You do the math.

The to-do list/schedule for the next couple days I frantically scrawled after school:
Okay, *breathe*...
In other news, I really enjoyed reading this response when I was grading literacy work this morning:


Question: The variety and quality of life in the desert depends upon how much water is available.  What do you think your life would be like if you had no water for one week?  What would you miss?

Answer: If I didn't have water for one week I would miss myself because I would die by then.


Fair enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...